Friday, December 12, 2014

The waiting game...

  I must admit we haven't been in the process for nearly as long as some families I know but it feels like we have. I feel like the moment I set eyes on our little boy he had been ours for a long time, and all that stands in our way is a few technicalities that can and will take several months. 

For those of you who know me, probably know that patience is not a strong suit of mine. I am rather impatient. I have even avoided praying for patience at times knowing the only way to get them is to be tested and challenged and that idea freaked me out. BUT God is silly and here we are, in the process of something that has already caused us to grow in patience. Step #1 contact case worker...SURPRISE...she was on vacation for a WEEK. Step #2 get application and fill it out...DONE! Step #3 mail application...DONE (mail lady said should arrive on Monday or Tuesday)...Begin waiting....and waiting...and FRIDAY get a note from caseworker that application has arrived!! YAY! Now WAIT for approval which should come at the beginning of next week. PRAYERS PLEASE! 
For some this seems like its not that long just a week or two, but imagine you are a child and all you want is a family and a home, a week or two is a long time to be added.

I just spoke with our caseworker and we are one of, if not the youngest couple she has worked with. This could work against us so I invite you to join us in prayer about this. We feel that this is the path God is leading us down and are pursuing it with our whole hearts. Please pray that the agency and the country we are working with will not mind our age :)

There is really not a whole lot more to update at this point. NEXT week should be a big week for us. I am praying so hard that I have GOOD news to share on my birthday. I cannot wait to sign a few more papers and finally be able to reveal his sweet face to all of you, you will probably fall in love just like us (that's seriously how sweet it is) and then I will say TOO BAD he is ours :) 

In the meantime if you have any awesome fundraising ideas please feel free to pass them along to us, we are working on things and will not let a money stand in the way of redemption. 

Now I will leave you with a verse:

But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons.
Galatians 4:4-5 ESV

PS Sorry if this sounds a little all over, I had to empty my brain so I could focus on some other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment