Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A little bit of good news...a whole bunch of heart ache

   My prayers were answered...we found out our application was accepted on my birthday! Sadly we also found out the little boy we hoped would be ours, who felt so much like ours is being adopted by another family. This was a massive blow, and so unexpected. I wept...and wept and then I rejoiced. I rejoiced knowing that this little boy whom I love is getting a family. It is more than bittersweet and for a moment or two...maybe even three I let it crush me. I let it steal my joy and my hope..but as I silently battled with God and I knew that feeling could not win. Milo ( the "name" of the little boy we thought would be ours) served an amazing purpose! He opened us up and kick started our adoption process! 

With all of that being said...WE ARE STILL ADOPTING! We are not letting this stop us from rescuing a child. God set us on this path and we are going to keep following him down it. It may hurt for a while I am sure we will not fully get over Milo for a very very long time but on his behalf we are going to find the child God has for our family. We are still hoping for a child who is hearing impaired because its something so close to our hearts and we also hope the child is close to Griffin's age. So for those of you who have given us money it is still going towards a ransom of a child we just don't just don't know which one at this very moment. We are working with our case worker to look at more files and will hopefully know our child's name and face soon. We are still fundraising because the process hasn't gotten any less expensive and we are also hoping it hasn't gotten any longer. :) We still have hope :) God is still good :) 

The loudest thing I heard from God today in our battle was this "I will not forsake you" I am clinging to that knowing that God has the best plan and it is even better than we could dream of. My friend Natalie spoke some serious truth over my life last night..."a step of faith isn't easy, if it were it wouldn't require faith." This road does not promise to be easy it never did, today was HARD and PAINFUL. But we are looking forward to tomorrow. Thank you all for your support. Please continue to pray for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment